What's better than a fresh slice of banana bread? A fresh slice of banana bread that only takes about 5 minutes to whip up and is refined sugar and flour free!!!! Yippee
We are always on the look out for ways to satisfy our cravings without it containing a trillion calories and a whole block of butter. I came across this concept of blender banana bread on Pinterest where you sub out flour for oats and I had to give it a try.
It is really as simple as popping everything in a blending, wizzing it up and baking it for 30 minutes. My only advice is, if you are using a NutriBullet to ether blend it up in 2 batches or blend up everything except the bananas. Mash those up by hand and then add the blended oat mixture to that.
It is quite a lot of batter that you get from this recipe (enough for one big loaf) so that builds up a lot of pressure in the bullet and I have heard some crazy horror stories of people's NutriBullets exploding on them, and really I couldn't think of a less ideal thing to happen when all you wanted to do was bake a delish lil loaf.
Blender Banana Bread
3 Very ripe bananas
2 Cups oats
2 Free range eggs
1/4 Cup milk
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1 Tsp Baking soda
3/4 Tsp Baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and prepare your loaf tin
2. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth (this may need to be done in 2 batches)
3. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin
4. Bake for 30-35 min, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is delicious and golden.
5. Allow to cool in tin slightly before serving (but not too long otherwise it starts sweating)